Joko Widodo is 15th Governor of Jakarta, When running for mayor of Solo, many doubted the ability of a man who is a merchant’s house and garden furniture, and even up to the time he was elected. But a year after he led many progressive breakthrough made ??by him. He took the example of the development of many cities in Europe that he often visits in order to a business trip.
Joko Widodo Profile – Governor of Jakarta
Name : Joko Widodo
Born : June 21, 1961, Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia
Nickname : Jokowi
Party : Indonesian Democratic Party – Struggle
Education : An engineering Degree from the Faculty of Forestry at Gadjah Mada University in 1985.
Religion : Islam
Nationality : Indonesia
Political party : Indonesian Democratic Party – Struggle
Spouse(s) : Ny. Hj. Iriana Joko Widodo
Hobbies : Read, Travelling
Music Genre : Rock
Zodiac : Gemini
- Gibran Rakabuming
- Kahiyang Ayu
- Kaesang Pangarep
Alma mater : Gadjah Mada University
Occupation : Businessman
Facebook : Joko Widodo Jokowi
Twitter : @Jokowi_Do2
Joko Widodo Education :
- SDN 111 Tirtoyoso Solo
- SMPN 1 Solo
- SMAN 6 Solo
- Fakultas Kehutanan (Faculty of Forestry) UGM Yogyakarta graduated 1985.
Joko Widodo Career:
As the Governor of Jakarta, at first Jokowi do not come from a background of politicians. Jokowi engineer degree from the Faculty of Forestry in 1985. After completing his education, Jokowi had migrated to the Aceh province, and worked in one of state corporation in Aceh. After returning from Aceh to Solo, also recorded Jokowi worked at CV. Roda Jati, the company ‘engaged in the timber industry. In 1998, finally Jokowi strive independently in the field of Furniture.
During his college career at the University of Gajah Mada, Jokowi has been a student activist. Jokowi stated that he was willing plunge into the world of practical politics.
- Founder of Koperasi Pengembangan Industri Kecil Solo (1990)
- Head of Bidang Pertambangan & Energi Kamar Dagang dan Industri Surakarta (1992-1996)
- Chairman of Permebelan dan Industri Kerajinan Indonesia Surakarta (2002-2007)
- Major of Surakarta (28 July 2005 – 1 October 2012)
- 15th Governor of Jakarta (15 October 2012)
Joko Widodo Honors:
- Joko Widodo was chosen by the Tempo magazine as one of the ‘Top 10 Indonesian Mayors of 2008′.
- In 12 August, 2011, he was awarded the Bintang Jasa Utama by the government.
- The next year, he received 3rd place of the 2012 World Mayor Prize for “transforming a crime-ridden city into a regional center for art and culture and an attractive city to tourists.”
- Bung Hatta Award, his leadership and his performance during the build and lead the city of Solo.
- Universitas Sebelas Maret Surakarta (UNS) Award
Awards for Solo City :
- Pro-Investment City from Regional Investment Board of Central Java
- Child Friendly City from of the Women’s Ministry
- Wahana Nugraha from Department of Transportation
- Sanitation and Slum Settlement Arrangement from the Department of Public Works
- City with Best Spatial-2 in Indonesia
Pesona Jokowi (Youtube):